Is your child missing out on extra help with funding for trips, residential visits, extra equipment, after school clubs and tuition?
Even though all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 now receive a free school meal, in order for your child to benefit from extra help with funding, equipment and extra support, you MUST still register for free school meals. Even if your child has a packed lunch they can still benefit from this extra funding! Parents of children in Key Stage 2 should also apply.
ARE YOU CLAIMING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS?
- INCOME SUPPORT.
- INCOME BASED JOBSEEKERS ALLOWANCE (JSA).
- AN INCOME-RELATED EMPLOYMENT AND SUPPORT ALLOWANCE (ESA).
- SUPPORT UNDER PART v1 OF THE IMMIGRATION AND ASYLUM ACT 1999.
- THE GUARANTEE ELEMENT OF STATE PENSION CREDIT.
- UNIVERSAL CREDIT.
- BOTH INCOME-BASED AND CONTRIBUTION-BASED JSA/ESA IF YOU RECEIVE THE SAME AMOUNT FOR BOTH. YOU SHOULD ALSO QUALIFY IF YOU RECEIVE BOTH BUT THE INCOME-BASED AMOUNT IS GREATER, BUT NOT IF THE CONTRIBUTION-BASED AMOUNT IS GREATER.
- FAMILIES WHO ARE AWARDED CHILD TAX CREDIT AND HAVE AN ANNUAL INCOME, AS ASSESSED BY HMRC, NOT IN EXCESS OF £16,190 ARE ALSO ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM FREE SCHOOL MEALS PROVIDING THERE IS NO ENTITLEMENT TO WORKING TAX CREDIT (UNLESS IN RESPECT OF A 4-WEEK ‘RUN ON’.)
If so, your child could benefit from an extra £1320 worth of extra help and support through the Pupil Premium funding. In previous years, the Pupil Premium funding has allowed children in school to receive additional support through: –
- Reading, Writing and Maths additional support.
- Spelling support and Nessy Phonics support.
- Speech and Language support.
- Play Therapy.
- Resources to take home to support Reading and Maths.
- Reading books.
- Bespoke computer hardware and software.
Any new successful applications for Free School Meals will receive a one-off payment of £100 per child of school credit, which can be spent specifically on paying for uniform, school trips and KS2 residential, after school clubs and school swimming.
If you’d like to find out more about free school meals please visit the Warwickshire County Council website: www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals to apply. Alternatively, please come into school and either Mrs. Childs, Mrs. Bennet or Mr. Hilton would be pleased to help you with your application.
Our Pupil Premium Expenditure Report for 2017-18 is available here.