Expectations by the end of:
Reception – Yellow, Orange, Red
Year 1 – Green
Year 2 – Pink, Bronze, Rainbow
Year 3 – Silver, Gold
Year 4 – Black, Polka Dot, Blue
Year 5 – Zebra, Tiger, Leopard.
Year 6 – Halves, Quarters.
Rainbow badge – Time
Aimed at Year 2 National Curriculum and above, children need to recall: –
- Days in a week and the days in order.
- Months in a year and the names of months in order.
- Number of days in each month.
- Seconds in a minute.
- Minutes in an hour.
- Hours in a day.
- Be able to (when shown a clock face) to tell the time to 5 minutes including quarter to/past.
- Convert 12hr clock to 24 hour clock.
Polka Dot badge – Shape
Aimed at Year 4 National Curriculum and above, children need to recall: –
- Name and describe 3D shapes – cone, cylinder, prism, pyramid, cube, cuboid, sphere, hemisphere and tetrahedron.
- Using the terminology: face, edge and vertex.
- For 3D shapes children will be asked to match a shape to its name or be given a name and give properties, e.g. cone: 2 faces, 1 edge.
- Name and describe the properties of 2D shapes including different types of triangles and quadrilaterals.
- Using the terminology: regular, irregular, parallel, vertex (vertices), sides and angles. For example, when given an image/name of a shape e.g. rectangle children will need to be able to recall 3 properties, e.g. it has 4 sides, parallel sides are equal, it has 4 vertices and 4 right angles.